Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Finally getting somewhere!

Ok so we are at our friend's Marc and Denise's on Saturday night and Marc offers me a drink. I choose my poison (vodka) but he does not really have anything to mix it with. So what did he have?? Gingerale. It was not that bad. I think there was more vodka then g-ale. I had two so I guess it was not that bad.

I also learned to play Texas Hold'em. I had played once before with Aaron and Erin but I did not really get it. I won some kick ass rounds but then I got cocky and lost everything. Thank god it was not real money! I will NEVER play for real money.

While we were there we started to plan a little vacation! Sounds like we are going to go to the Maritimes for a week with them and their kids (and ours ofcourse) in August! I think we are looking at staying at Parlee Beach in NB and we will also go to P.E.I.! It is not what I wanted to do this summer (I wanted to go to BC but I am too short on airmiles) but it started to sound like fun and at least Cliff will be able to come! We are driving obviously so it should be a fairly affordable trip. So now I am really looking forward to it! I have 3 weeks vacation this year (FINALLY!!) so I will still have two to do something else with.

I met with a kitchen designer from Home Depot on Friday and we are going again tomorrow (this time Cliff is coming). I met with the most awesome guy JC (Jean-Christophe). He seemed really honest and was extremely helpful. When it came time to make another appt at first he was booked but said I could go with someone else and I said no. So he tells me " Don't worry Mrs. Carson we don't work on commission here" LOL.. I stick with what I like and what I am comfortable with. We also are having an interior designer come in on Monday night. It is a free service that Home Depot offers! So I said why the hell not! She will be able to help us choose color of tiles for the floor and counter tops and paint etc. I am starting to get really excited! I will be sure to post before and after photos!

And the biggest news of the week is that we got a puppy :) It was sort of a spur of the moment undertaking but we are thrilled with our new addition! He is a black lab - just over 4 months old. His name at the moment is Walker (after Anakin Skywalker - guess who chose that one) but we were playing with some other names last night and tonight. 1) Bauer (after my hero Jack from 24) , 2) Vader (because again we have a Star Wars fan in the house and because the pup is all black it just made sense) and 3) Trouble (now that the wee thing is starting to come out of his shell we can see this one is going to get in all sorts of trouble!) But he is an angel compared to Boomer! He is just really mellow and it just made me realize even more that Boo must have had a doggy version of ADD or something. The best part is that Cliff is in LOVE with him. He even took him out before for a little exercise which just shocked me.

Walker is going to be my walking companion but right now I cannot get the baby out of the freakin driveway. It has been so cold here and he just did not want to have anything to do with being outdoors!! He is great with the kids and he and Bella are the best of friends! They are playing like crazy and it is fun to watch Bella get tackled after being her personal chew toy the last few months.

Kids are doing great. Emma is such a chatterbug and such a BRAT! Liam is still sensitive. Emma and Liam are both finally out of diapers at night! Funny there is 27 months apart and that they are accomplishing this milestone together! Liam has a few accidents here and there but I don't think he is an official bedwetter, we are just not adamant enough about him going before he goes to bed. Emma- well she likes to fall asleep in our bed (alone though) and when I transfer her to her bed we take a pitstop to the potty and she goes and she is good for the night. I have to get her between midnight and 1:00 am (it's not like I am sleeping anyways?!!) and then she is good for the rest of the night.

March 1st tomorrow..well I guess in about 5 minutes. As I mentioned in my previous post, I cannot wait for spring.

No comments: