Sunday, February 05, 2006

Just a quickie..

Well Liam's birthday is over and done. I was too preoccupied with the preparations yesterday to really think about it. But I found myself thinking alot about him today and how grown up he is now.

I also started thinking because AF was a wee bit late this month (and there was a moment or two of panic as I thought about being pregnant again..don't worry though the bitch reared her ugly head this afternoon) about NOT having anymore kids of our own. I know we are done..I love my kiddos and I am loving having the independance now that Emma is getting a little older. But I don't think I could "alter" myself permanently..(ie tubes tied). My biggest argument for this was doing another surrogacy but in reality I don't need my ovaries to do another surrogacy. That is an egg thing and I don't use my eggs so I really could have my tubes tied and still get pregnant via the hi-tech way of IVF. Anyway these are just the thoughts going through my head. The things that perhaps are keeping me up at night so I figured maybe if I just get the shite out of my head I can get down to business and start sleeping!!

Fact is Liam is all growed up, AF is here and I am my usual hormonal self. End of story.

Liam had a great birthday. He got some awesome gifts (thanks everyone!!), he got to play with friends and ate cake..I don't think you can get better than that at his age. He lazed about all day today playing with all his stuff. Uncle Mark gave him twenty bucks that was burning a whole in his pocket so Cliff took him to Wal-Mart to pick a toy. They came back with a cowboy outfit wiht the authentic looking pistols. I was PISSED! I have been denying Liam guns for about 6 months and had been doing a damn good job! I was so proud of myself for sticking to my guns about the guns (no pun intended)! You know what Cliff's defense was???? "You were going to give in Karen so I just gave in for you" He is so much MORE a sucker than me. My deal with the guns is that god forbid that if Liam ever became some pyscho (yes I know I think I spelled that wrong but I am too lazy right now) and used a gun at least if someone ever tried to blame me and we all know that would happen then at least I would have the fact that I did not let him play with guns!! So he comes in with these pistols, shoots me twirls them around and blem on them like he was a PRO! I asked him where he learned that (thinking Cliff showed him) and he told me from Tom. So I ask him who Tom is? He says from Tom & Jerry...lovely.

So what else. IP's came with the baby yesterday! It had been 5 weeks! She is getting big fast and is just beautiful! A wee bit cranky but nothing a little less iron won't fix (now if they would just listen to me about that!!) I think she still recognizes my voice. She was good for us last night and IP's seemed to enjoy being out and having a bit of a break!

OK I am boring myself to the state of sleepiness so I can just imagine what this is doing to all of you!! G'night!

No comments: