Monday, February 14, 2005

I did it!!

So I gave myself my first injection! There had been some confusion and it appears there will be two different injections in this protocol. One is what I am doing now - a drug called Suprefact which will take on where that ole shot in ass left off (lupron) This is a subcutaneous injection and is very similar to what diabetics use for insulin. So I braved it..scared the crap out of myself (more out of paranoia of doing it wrong than anything) it was not that bad but considering it has to be done everyday..ick..

My second injections will probably start just after the 24th. On that day I have to go for an ultrasound to check my endometrial lining. Once those results are in I will start the progesterone shots in the arse as well as an antibiotic. Wanna know something funny?? Not funny ha ha funny but more like a strange coincidence..I could end up on anti-rejection drugs..LOL.. cause as you know with Cliffy he takes them because his body will always know that the heart is not his. Well apparently my body will know that those little chicks are not mine when they are implanted. It is only until the placenta is well formed that the body would stop naturally rejecting them little eggers. Weird eh? Obviously it is a much more milder form of medication but strange nonetheless.

So I think that is it. I am tired tonight.

No comments: