Sunday, February 20, 2005

Finally met my Intended Parents!!

It was awesome! They are just as great in person as they are over the phone/e-mail. It was an extraordinary night full with great conversation, laughs and even a little emotional at times. They treated us to an amazingly expensive restaurant and the food was delicious!!

I was a little nervous at first that they might not like me and change their minds but I think they enjoyed themselves as much as we did We did not even talk too much about the surrogacy but that is ok because we have covered most of that over and over and over!!!!LOL.

Right at the end IF went up to the butcher counter they had there (it was a steakhouse) and bought my parents two filet mignons to thank them for watching the kids! They must have been like $50 just for the two of them! It was crazy but at the same time extremely thoughtful and generous of him.

IF also told us that he is a member of a golf course that Cliff has been dreaming his whole life to play at and he told Cliff that he would love to take him out for a round there!! Cliff is on cloud NINE!! It was a great night!

On another note..the injections are going ok...can't say I am enjoying them and it just makes me dread the other ones (bigger, thicker oil type liquid). I hit a vein the other day..that kinda hurt..but I knew almost instantly that I had done something wrong because the actual prick does not normally hurt. It is usually just the meds that hurt once I push the syringe..but that one hurt like an SOB! I drew back the syringe and poof there was blood so I had to start ALL over again! Pain in the ass!!

I can't really see too many side effects yet..perhaps bitchiness..LOL..although I am sure Cliff would say I am like this every month! It is hard to say if it is the meds or just being off the Pill. I am also retaining water bigtime. I should have lost a good 3-4 lbs last week and I only lost 1! I was so pissed! But again is it the meds or just good ole Aunt Flo wreaking havoc? My belly also is tender..almost like my bladder feels full all the time. I am going to ask about that one tomorrow.it might just be the water retention.

What else?? Kids are good..(full of colds but good), Cliff is good. Desperate Housewives was GREAT! Looking forward to 24 and Medium tomorrow night.

No comments: