Friday, June 10, 2005

ok long overdue update..now every one can stop harassing me! LOL

Oh my goodness…I am so sorry this has taken so long!! There has been so much going on these days.

OK on the baby front – we had the Prenatest done on May 24th.The way the Prenatest works is that they do an ultrasound and a blood test and they look for certain markers that would consider the baby more at risk for chromosomal defects (such as Down’s Syndrome etc). Once they do these tests they are supposed to give you a percentage of risk that something could be wrong. Once you have the risk factor then you discuss with your Dr, whether to have an amniocentesis done to investigate further. They do this to avoid doing unnecessary amnio’s as there is a small risk of miscarriage that comes along with the procedure.

The ultrasound part went very well and technician did not see any thing in particular that would be considered a risk. The baby was finally looking like a baby rather than a tadpole! She also told us that the baby was measuring right on target for my due date. We still had to wait for the blood results.

My Dr. called about a week after saying that the lab was calling and needed the exact birthdate of the egg donor. We thought that the clinic in TO was transmitting that information to the clinic here but apparently not. My Dr. had a sense of urgency and she basically told me because they only had the year of birth the risk of something being wrong was going from Abnormal (if she was born at the beginning of the year) and normal (if she was born at the end of the year). I tried calling the clinic and ofcourse they did not want to give me the date. The nurse did tell me that she was born in one of the last 3 months of the year. Apparently my IF took care of it and they should have all the info now to get us an accurate result. But before we even had that info my Dr. advised seeing as we seemed so close on the “border” that I go for an amnio regardless just to give everyone peace of mind for the rest of the pregnancy and if there is to be something wrong then my IP’s can decide what they want to do. Now all that being said..I don’t think there is anything wrong with this baby. That is just my gut feeling.. I am scheduled for the amnio on June 17th and although I am not looking forward to the procedure I am looking forward to getting to the bottom of it all so we can just enjoy the rest of the pregnancy! We don’t even know our real risk yet so perhaps with her birth date it might have fallen back into a very small percentage.

Other than that I am feeling good! My back is a wee bit sore but that is about it. The morning sickness seems to be weaning finally!!

Let’s see what else? Umm..oh yeah the last weekend of May our chicken pox episode continued..Emma finally got them!! I got a call on Thursday afternoon to pick her up because she was running a slight fever. We were scheduled to leave for TO the next morning to go visit Danny and Joanne and kids. (Cliff’s brother) and then up to visit The Gormley’s and Granny on Saturday. Well so much for that! Thursday evening as I was changing her diaper she turned around to escape and Cliff and I just looked at each other and said “Oh shit” No there was not really a shite..LOL. She had quite a few spots on her lower back/bum!! CRAP! Then she started to have diarrhea! So Cliff called Danny and sure enough Melissa had never had them and poor Granny gets shingles when exposed. So the trip was cancelled. L The poor girl had it ROUGH..if I knew it could have been that rough I would have had them vaccinated. On top of the pox all in her diaper area, back, head and mouth she had diarrhea the whole weekend! I did not want to give her the milk for the runs but then the Pedialyte was burning the pox in her mouth with the salt. The days were not so bad as it was very warm so we were outside the whole time and that kept her busy..but the nights were terrible. She still has lots of spots that are still scabbed over.

Then last Friday the daycares in Quebec (public) decided to go on strike. They were off Friday, Monday and Tuesday.. I could not have possibly taken another day off. Cliff took Friday off unpaid and Mon-Tues were his official days off so it worked out. Now there is a chance they could go off again next week for 4 days!! What the hell do they expect us to do here?? When I say they I don’t mean the daycare workers… these people take care of our kids every single day. I support them 100% and just pray that the Charest government finally clicks in and does what is right. Maybe if they stopped spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on entertaining themselves and going on unnecessary trips we would not be dealing with this right now!

Although we are healthy once again life continues to be crazy… the pool pump burned out then the vacuum cleaner for the pool broke (about $400 worth of broken altogether…grr) I told Cliff it is his turn to sell his body on the streets of Valleyfield..no one wants a big ole pregnant lady..LMAO.

The summer is going to be crazy!! There is so much going on again. I am kicking it off this weekend with a last minute trip up to Oshawa. Cliff is working nights and I got nothing else to do. So a bunch of surrogates in that area have been planning a BBQ for quite sometime and I have decided to head up there! There will be about 20-25 of us and am really looking forward to it! It is in Whitby which is about 15 min from Oshawa. Should be great!

Work has been crazy too..This pregnancy has hit me in the sleep department..no question there. I am going to have to change the name of my blog cause I ain’t no longer a Late Nite Mama..LOL..

So what is new wit all you doods?? Oh yeah and Cliff is doing awesome! He goes soon for his quarterly blood tests so I will let you know more when we get those back!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's neverending! I didn't know that daycares in Quebec could go on strike! That's crazy. I am making a final decision on part-time care for Thea for next year, and it's been difficult. I think I have found there perfect place.
Glad to hear everything is good! Always exciting...
Sarah

Latenightmama said...

The public daycares in Quebec are subsidized by the government. We only pay $7 per day per child!! With that though comes unionized daycare workers and of course they want (and deserve) more money!

I truly love the kid's daycare and even with our move I did not change them (partly because it is not out of the way)

Does that mean that you are only going back to work part-time?

Anonymous said...

yes, only Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8-4. I think that will be enough.
I will send another pic of the girlie!

Latenightmama said...

Wow that is great Sarah that you guys are able to do that! I live beyond my means lol, so I could not.

Anonymous said...

I'm just pointing out that it's been another month since you've given us an update. Try and stay up one night soon so we can find out how all is going with you and the family. I love this anonymous thing.

Latenightmama said...

It is coming I promise.

Anonymous said...

June 10 is getting really, REALLY old.....