I have such a hard time staying up and soooo much has happened yet again!! The amnio was done on June 17th! The amnio itself was not nearly as scary as I was expecting. I just envisioned the Dr. standing above me with this foot long needle and then proceeding to ram it into my belly. Almost like the heart episode in Pulp Fiction if you remember that (or were able to keep your eyes open for it) Oh and the night before the amnio my OB called to tell me she finally got results of the Prenatest and we had a 1 in 200 chance of having a baby with down’s..thanks for NOT stressing me out. I love my Dr. and I know she did not call to stress me out she just did not want me going into the amnio thinking we were doing it unnecessarily. But still freaked me out. I never told my IP’s what she told me..I just did not want them to stress out as 1 in 200 chance is still slim.
We had an ultrasound done before - had to check the position of where best to get some amniotic fluid. I had asked K & S beforehand if they wanted to know the sex of the baby. They were surprised when I told them that 1) there was a good chance they would be able to see it in the u/s and 2) they would know 100% after the amnio was done. So they decided yes they did! (Thank god because I am far too nosey and I would have had to ask my Dr. after and then have to lie to them for the next 6 months..LOL) So right away the u/s tech asked us and I did not say anything and let the parents answer..sure enough the tech did not realize the “situation” and told them she wanted to hear the answer from the “Mother”..LOL.. and then she waved her hand at them and said I don’t care if you want to know!! SO once we realized she was not being insensitive..she just did not read the file…we laughed and I told her yes. She was an excellent tech and none of us wanted to embarrass her. Right way she was able to tell and IT IS A GIRL!!! K & S are thrilled.. I know they would have been thrilled either way…On Tuesday we got more good news..the first 5 chromosomes were tested and everything was perfect!! A week later came and more good news came! The rest of the results were perfect too!!
TALK ABOUT BREATHING A SIGH OF RELIEF!! PHHHEEEEEEWWWW!! I have honestly felt in my heart that everything is perfect with this baby..but maybe I am not gifted enough to know?? But I have some serious faith in this. I think it is definitely time for this most amazing couple to be blessed with a child. It will change their lives and rock their worlds but as far as I am concerned it is going to be a ride that they will cherish forever.
Wee baby girl has started to move!! I have felt little movements for awhile now but on we got some good kicks last Friday (which was July 1st cause I started writing this THAT long ago!)! Liam was there to feel it and he was so very impressed..then he proceeded to ask me if she was wearing shoes, shirt, underwear etc..LOL.. I am finally starting to show a t bit..I still look fat basically..but there is some firmness amongst the chub!!
Let’s see what else..Emma Bear is starting to go on the potty!! She did it twice at home and last count she had 8 stickers at school for doing it!! She does not even tell me she goes..until after and she wants her sticker. As easy as Liam was I wish he had been sooner..LOL.. This is now being updated to say that my wee chickadee has changed so much over the course of the summer! The potty training is going great. She has been doing really well the last 1 ½ weeks. Our issues are with the poop..but she has started going regularly and has only fallen off the pot (rather than falling off the wagon) a few times.
OK this was all basically written at the beginning of July..I have been basically been going to bed at 9:00 every night. So I am going to post this part and then update again in a bit (Like a few minutes..)
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment