Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Wow two in one day..

OK so that was the first bit of the summer..

Let’s see…well we had a few weddings..one purty crappy and the other at the complete OPPOSITE end of crap. My dear Kim, a dear friend and whom is like a sister I never had (well you know that part is crap..cause that is all I got is SISTERS! Could someone have possibly thrown in a brotha for some fun???) finally married her long (LONG LONG LONG) time love Ross on July 30th! Ross is also a kindred spirit..he thinks like me (well most of the time) and it is one cool amigo..if I was to have a brother I would hope he would have been like Ross is. So they FINALLY get hitched and it was by far, hands down the best wedding I have ever been to. (sorry no offence to all the others out there but I think most would agree with me anyways..) First of all it was Kim and Ross…that in itself was honour to attend. Second of all I think Kim and her lovely mother thought about practically every single detail that could be thought about. Kim has been planning this wedding LONG before she met Ross and it showed! Thanks again for the Rolaids..they saved my life (damn you heartburn) It was like attending a royal wedding! OK maybe not quite..but Royal enough for me..now keeping in mind that I am pregnant..my favorite part was the food..hehe.. I loved that mushroom saucey thing and the fowl was to die for!! But my all time fave was all those yummy treats at the snack table afterwards..like all these homemade goodies!! DELISH!

We had our 18th (I think) annual Carson/Gormley Golf Tournament. It was fab as usual. Great LIVE band this year! I have no idea how much we raised for CF but when I find out I will let y’all know.

What else..oh we had a week of vacation. Basically hung around the house..did go to the Granby Zoo..that was fun (but tiring). Dad, Shirley, Shannon, Saylie and us went. The Zebra’s were awfully frisky that day and it was quite entertaining watching them kick the poop outta each other.

So recently on the pregnancy front all is good..I have gained a total of 6 ½ lbs which is good. Starting to show but still don’t really look pregnant really.. which kinda sucks cause I so would rather look pregnant than fat but really as long we are all healthy that is all that matters. We have a 3D ultrasound coming up so that should be really cool!! I am starting to feel uncomfortable.. quite a few Braxton hicks contractions that are not painful but they are distracting. In some ways I am carrying the same way as with Liam and Emma (like going all the way up before going out) but this baby seems to be sitting more near the front cause I can feel exactly where she is all the time..so it is kind of fun to experience something different this time around! My lovely IP’s are busily preparing their nest for the wee chick. I hope they will be ready!

We just bought a new car. A 2005 Hyundai Elantra..so not my dream car but we had to be realistic with the amount of mileage we do and the price of gas they way it is!! So far I like it…

The kids are awesome as usual..Emma is evil but that is for another post..I will post all about my devil child (with pics too boot).

Cliff is good too. They are going to start weaning him off the prednisone in the next few weeks so keep him in your thoughts that it is a smooth transition this time. Last year (June) they started and he started to (mildly) reject.. after that they changed some meds around so I am hoping with that change all will be good.. the steroids really are not meant to be used for such long term purposes. He has been on it for 4 years and it is eating away at the poor man’s bones.. oh yeah! July 4th was Cliffy’s 4th anniversary with his new heart!! WOOHOOO!!

No comments: