Monday, January 31, 2005

Shot in the hi-nee..GIT R DONE

SoFriday I had not heard from the clinic by 10:30 so I called them. Sure enough they wanted me to go have the Lupron shot done. I was lucky enough to get an appt. with the CLSC (public health clinic) at 2:30 so I did not have to wait 3 hours at a walk-in. So I went had the shot in what they call the gluteal muscle or as I prefer to call it…my big ass! It was a big needle and did not hurt too much going in but she lingered there a little too long for my liking and hurt more coming out. Guess I better get used to it as I will be having those daily for months..ICK. There was no bruising or anything which I thought there would be.

So next I will be going for another blood test on Feb 10th. Then most likely starting all the meds (Estrace, progesterone injections and baby aspirin(actually starting that today)) on Feb 14th. Tentative transfer date is March 9th right now!! I am hoping it will get modified a few days either way so I can work it around a weekend as it was originally supposed to be the 12th which was perfect as I would only miss one day of work..right now on the 9th would mean 3 days of work missed. But you gotta do whatcha gotta do! So not looking forward to the progesterone injections but what the hell..what hurts ya only makes ya stronger!

I got a phone call from my IF on Friday right as I was leaving for the injection. He told me he was calling to tell me that he thought I was amazing..I was blushing I am sure!! (cause #1 he is cute..hehe and #2 I don’t like compliments like that..) Basically because I sent him an e-mail the day before telling them I went for a blood test at the last minute and everything went good and I like the lab they were really fast etc. and he thought I was really cool and easygoing about it all..not complaining once about how the clinic just expects me to up and leave work without any notice etc etc. Anyhoo he is real sweetheart. They both are! They are so concerned about me getting in trouble with work etc.

On to other news.... Mark flooded my upstairs bathroom sometime yesterday..the shite..His daughter Chanel did it the day before. That was really gross as I did not have the plunger upstairs so I had to stick my bare hand/arm in the cesspool of germs! ICK! This time (like over 24 hours after Mark left) I sent Liam upstairs to "go" and within seconds he was screaming bloody murder because his feet were wet and he couldn't pee!! I don't think he had time to flush himself and make that amount of water get on the floor in the amount of time he was up there but one can never be sure. So I get out the shopvac (after two panicky calls to Cliff who is at work all night) and send Liam downstairs to go back. Once again he is crying because the bathroom lights burnt out..shit sure enough the water was leaking right through the ceiling and must have zapped the fuse!! I am praying everything just dries out so I guess I am peeing and showering in the dark..LOL.. So what is with people that pee and don't flush?? What is up with that?? Do people actually train their kids NOT to flush?Are they afraid the toilet is going to suck em up? Are they just being lazy?? Come on tell me..inquiring minds want to know. My kids are going to be toilet flushing maniacs..

So if anyone has any plumbing expertise I have a few questions..please let me know.

Did anyone watch Medium tonight.. I just love it!! 24 was awesome too..did you see who came on right on the end!! I almost died!! WEEEHHEEEEE!!

No comments: