Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Interesting week..

Clifford turned 39 on Wednesday. What an old coot! No offense to my 40 + readers...it is just really starting to sink in that I am a grown up. I don't really want to be a grown up. Yeah being a Mum is cool and all that but if I could do that and not have to work or pay bills..oh wait that is welfare. I think these welfare people have the right idea...haha I jest (maybe).



I am married to an old man now. Time to find me a yungin' . I wish I was rich and could have a pool boy. Ok maybe not a BOY cause that is kinda creepy..let's call him hot pool dude.



Anyhoo enough of Cliff, this blog is supposed to be about me - love ya babe. Glad you made it past 31 ;)



So how many of you are Twilight fans? I am anxiously awaiting the arrival the fourth and final book, Breaking Dawn. Shannon (my sister for those that don't know) has had it for WEEKS! I think she was torturing me on purpose. We missed all the fighting etc because I am 17 years older than her and I think this was her way of getting back at me..talk about agony. Anyhoo if you have not read them I suggest you do! They are not deep books here - but an easy read and I seriously could not put one down once I got started. I had this saved as a draft and since original date I have received said book. I am not far yet as I just started this morning but ohhh.. I am loving it so far.



One book I did read in the Fall that did have a little more depth to it was The Birth House. Wow what an amazing book. I guess maybe being a surrogate mother and sort of being in the world of infertility from the outside looking in I found it quite fascinating to read that even way back then people had issues. Pick it up - it is an awesome read and you will not be disappointed.

So Liam had a karate tournament today. First one of the New Year! His last being the end of November I guess. One thing has changed since his last one.. he has gone up a belt! Which means a tad stiffer competition. There were like 15 in his group today. He did REALLY well considering he tried a different kata AND was considered an intermediate instead of a beginner. Thank god he was a few days shy of his 8th birthday or his competition would have been MORE stiff. He tied for 4th with like 11 of his competitors. LOL. (that is what they did for the people that did not place 3rd place and up..they all tied for 4th and got a little medal). For combat he kicked ass in his first fight 5-0. Remember how I mentioned cheering my kid on to punch some other kid in the face..well that is what today was like. "Liam punch him in the head!" came out of my mouth several times. He made a boy cry and then I felt guilty. But they almost all cry at this age. Well except the dude that kicked all their asses effortlessly. So then he had his second fight and the coach of the kid (and father) is NUTS. We have seen him at several tournaments now and we are sure he is on something. Coke, speed..something. He screams and pounds his chest like he is fucking Tarzan. Everyone just rolls their eyes and shares looks around the ring. Anyhoo Liam fought his kid second and within 10 seconds Liam kicked him and he was on the ground. He managed to get up and he was crying etc. but still managed to come back and land a few good ones in Liam's face and then Liam started to cry. LOL. Oh the joys. The only advantage to NOT winning that fight was that Liam avoided fighting for first or second place where he would have SERIOUSLY had his ass handed to him on a silver platter. This kid is AWESOME. He plays by the book but is just a pitbull in the ring and you cannot fault him for that. It was a good tourney. Shan kicked ass in her kata too but managed to get beat in her combat and came in second.

We ended up going to see Dane's (Shannon's BF) hockey game and then they came back here for supper and rent the UFC. It is 11:51 and guess who the only one awake is..that is right. ME. Cliff, Shirley & Billy Bob are crashed out on the couch I am finishing up my 4th Strawberry Daquiri and talking to YOU! Can you hear me now?? What about..... NOW?? Buncha boring peeps man. I get FAR less sleep than any of these twits.. and who is still awake?? LOL Oh and I shaved Liam's head tonight. Did not turn out QUITE how I imagined but I will take pics tomorrow and share on Facebook :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to introduce my sis in-laws to the Twilight series. And I thought I lived under a rock! You do know that they are filming New Moon in Vancouver right?? They are doing casting calls here in Victoria too, my cousin is going to check it out. She is 15 going on 30 so well see how that goes.

Yes, punch him in the head! Nice, all the others are cry babies. Suck it up princess :). Yeah, it's a tough thing for the little guys eh?

Happy Birthday Cliff, keep on truckin'!

Latenightmama said...

Wow see I started writing that on Tuesday night (Cliff's birthday was Tuesday not Wednesday LOL) but I saved the draft and it keeps the same date. I will have to remember that.

I did hear the movie was filming in Vancouver. I think some of Twilight was too. I cannot wait for the movie! Now that I am halfway through Breaking Dawn I am really hoping they will keep the movies going until the end :) Let me know how your cousin does!!

shakey said...

The post is at 4:31pm and everyone's asleep? LOL!