Sunday, March 13, 2005

Long overdue update!!

Hey everyone..or anyone..whomever is reading!!

I cannot believe it has been so long since I have "blogged"

Things have been moving fairly quickly!! The biggest news is that I leave tomorrow night for Toronto for the transfer!! It has been a long road to get here but now that the time has arrived it seems like there is not enough time to get organized!! Part of the reason for that is because the transfer will be "fresh" (ie not frozen embryos) we had to wait for the follicles to grow and the retrieval only happened this weekend. So I only officially knew that Tuesday was transfer day on Thursday!

My medication protocol changed as of Friday. I stopped the Suprefact (injections in my stomach) and on to start the injections in the HI-NEE!! So the panic begun once again!! LOL..IM and I called everyone imaginable to show us how to the injections (Cliff and I) and I finally got in touch with someone at around noon on Friday. The nurse at this clinic explained and showed step by step what we had to do. So first one was done and it went well!! Did not even hurt. The nurse explained in very gentle terms that my big arse was contributing to the ease of the injections! Who woulda thunk!! So the next step was to have Cliff give me one.. we had a birthday party to go to (Happy 30th Bruce!!) and Cliffie had a few beer..I think that might have eased his nervousness because he did it like a pro!! (ok not quite a pro but perhaps a pro that had had a few beer..lol) My ass is a little sore..but nothing I can't handle. Then he did the second one tonight and it went good again! I also started Suppositories and that is all I am going to say about that...ICK.

So I leave tomorrow (Monday) right after work and won't be back until Thursday late afternoon. Cousin Erin is going to come and hang out with me for a bit. I hope to do a bit of shopping on Wednesday/Thursday but we'll see. On the 29th I will have a beta test to see if these little eggies stuck or not! I think I will be able to test earlier than that but that will be the official test!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
Russ and I were just down in Texas where my Dad runs the breeding program for a cutting horse ranch. Anyway, they do the embryo transfers in the horses so we can understand most of what you are doing. Although the horses don't complain at all about their shots. LOL
Good luck and we will be awaiting your next posting.
In case you don't realize it, we read everything that you write and are very interested and amused.