Thursday, March 17, 2005

I'm back!!

Hellooo everyone,

I is back from the land of crazy taxi drivers..god that place is NUTS!! Believe it or not I had a taxi driver who was East Indian and he was actually making racist comments to me about a chinese taxi driver!! I was shocked..but seriously they all drive like nutballs..

So I am back and no I don't know if I am pregnant yet..DON'T even ask..hehe.. IT was a lovely trip. The transfer was awesome! The Dr. implanted two beautiful embryos (an 8 cell and a 9 cell which is apparently about the best you can get!! - not that that had anything to do with me..hehe). The Dr. was also very pleased with my lining and he is so very confident that we are going to do this on the very first go!! (I can't even take credit for my own lining because that is all done by drugs...lol)

Cliff is an absolute PRO at doing these injections..I have to say (again because I think I already wrote this) I am so very proud of him. IM met me in Toronto for the transfer and we had a great time. We giggled all day long except for during the transfer because we feared the embryos might spill out of me (I know we are dorks!!) I vegged out in my hotel room with all the mags she left me and then IF sent me a big "Thinking of you" bouquet of flowers!! They were so beautiful!!! White lilies!! Erin came down that early evening and we did a little walk to find some eats..we ended up at the Elephant & Castle and she was so impressed at the difference in the bill when there is no alcohol on it!! Oh cousin....just stick with me and I will teach you everything I know!! The food was great!

Wednesday we took it easy and then headed down to the Eaton Center for a wee bit. Shopped a bit for the kids at the Disney Store! (I could have spent $1000 in there for sure!) We hooked up with Erin's friends Cindy and Jen for dinner at the Marche Movenpik (after veggin in the hotel for another couple of hours in the afternoon) and then they dropped me off at Cliff's brothers! I had not seen Danny and Joanne in such a long time!! Unfortunately Melissa was not there but we plan to drive down there soon so we call all have a real visit!! Shawn even called me Auntie Karen! I loved it!! I don't get to hear that to often with the girls and Logan out west so for Shawn to say it really made my day!! I cannot believe he is 19 now..I am really starting to feel OLD.. It was really nice to get caught up with them.

Today I checked out at 11:00 and just hung around a bit before heading to the airport. The flight was good..busy but good.

I cannot believe how much I missed my babies :( I did not call them because I did on Monday night and Liam really cried and then I cried..it was just too sad..

I am really hoping that this transfer is successful so I won't have to go away again. The hotel was awesome! It was really family oriented which made me miss them even more :( But if anyone is looking for a little getaway with the kids..Delta Chelsea is the place for you!! They have an indoor water slide!

So that is it!! Wish us luck and think Sticky vibes!!

No comments: