Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday to Meeeeeeee!!

It was a nice weekend. Unfortunately one of Shirley's Uncles passed away the week before so his funeral was on the Saturday. The funeral was very simple and nice, well except for the gang that was there trying to sing the hymns. The only one we managed to get somewhat right was Amazing Grace.

We ended up at the Rockburn Pub for some drinks and then to the restaurant where my little seester works for supper.

Sunday was quiet. Cliff let me sleep in and made me breakfast. When I told my Dad he asked if it was breakfast in bed. Hmmm no. It was more like him storming to the door of the bedroom and screaming (it was about 9:00am) "You want breakfast?!!" I was so excited so I asked what he was making. "Well I cooked bacon but we only have 3 eggs left.". So he made me a bacon and egg sandwich. It was divine. It always is when you are not cooking it yourself.

While we were at Liam's hockey practice, my IP's called and wished me a Happy Birthday. They don't normally remember so it was a nice call. Then they mentioned coming down for supper - wow!! We had not seen them since Cliff's 40th Birthday in February. It is always a fly by night visit when they come but they get an A for effort! We got to see them for a few hours and they spoil us rotten. Lolo is getting so big! She is going to be 5 soon - can you believe it?

That was about it. 36 is not very exciting. AF showed up to for my birthday. Stupid wench. That made me feel like I was turning 86 instead.

No comments: